Peace Gone Wild

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Peace Vigil 8/2/06


Every Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 7:30 across from the Beaverton, Oregon, public library.



Danni with our sign from Ft. Lewis vigil.




Singing Songs...



and carrying signs...




Peace Mongers!!!






My son... watching and waiting for honks.



My daughter patiently sits with her sign...


Last week we received an email stating that there were 57 in attendance along with two profiles of sign holders. I'll try to include that information in later photojournals.


Hopefully people can see that it's just "We The People" out there as well as see how the vigils change throughout the year, the seasons and with media events.

Right now it's summertime, a firetruck rolled past us and honked, an old man drove by and flipped us off...

It'll be different in the rain. The heat. The ice. It's always different.

When the sun crawls down earlier... you'll see the candles.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW BLOG!!! I'm so happy that you started this, you'll find that it's great to have your own space to get your words out. I really appreciate you providing the pictures and commentary of the protests, it inspires me to get more involved here at home. We have to build Peace somehow!

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    Thank you my friend! You inspire me as well.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger supersoling said…

    Most excellent Janet :o) A new house to stop by once in a while, or once a day, or every few minutes! :o)

    I'm linking you too :o)

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Family Man said…

    Wonderful site Janet. Oh and I like the color too. :)

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Janet said…

    Thanks Guys! Still need to work out the bugs and kinks.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    Thanks Kansas and NL!!!!

    I found out that my hockey friend heard on some radio.. Here, I'l paste..

    My actual nickname is Azul... "Azul, I listened to the Beaverton peace vigil report this morning and he mentioned someone from Code Pink and some kids were there yesterday. Zat you? I was going to try to attend in two weeks on their 1-year anniversary."

    Kinda cool! I sent the organizers the link to MLW where the diary was. Who knows what'll happen next week.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Don Durito said…

    Great blog title. It'll be fun to watch this develop!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger olivia said…

    WOO HOO!!!

    Welcome to the neighbourhood dear DJ!!!

    (I'm adding you my b too ... it that's ok w/ you!)

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    It's super Olivia :) Please do.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    Just received this from the WA CO Peace Vigil e-list.....

    66 Patriots stood for peace at our weekly vigil last week. Our momentum is building and we are getting more and more support for those passing by. We even had a fire truck come by honking and the fire fighters waved enthusiastically! We continue...

    Patriotic Profiles
    Ann S, 59, Works at PSU
    Janet A,37, Code-Pinker- Peace activist
    Mary S, 51, Bus driver- Support of non-violence
    Liz A, 57, Retired teacher- Strongly oppose war

     

Post a Comment

<< Home