Peace Gone Wild

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Peace Vigil 8/23/06

I share these photographs of the faces of those opposed to war and the Bush Administration because you will not see or hear of them on the news. They are your neighbors, your co-workers, your teachers, your students, your bus drivers. I want to share that they are you and I.

I hope to capture the energy of these peace vigils and more importantly the passion of the people. I hope to empower others to find their local vigils or create their own. To at least know that they are not alone.


Washington County Peace Vigil - 53rd Week.
Beaverton, Oregon, 6:30 to 7:30

5 Comments:

  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Arcturus said…

    May those faces someday see what the word PEACE really means . . .

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Janet said…

    That is my hope as well my friend. :D

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Arcturus said…

    thanx for stopping by C's & your kind words

    thought of you today when I stumbled across this quote:

    Conscientious objection is the door that allows the value of the use of weapons and the very existence of an army in society to be questioned. It is a fundamental right for all young men to be able to object to this sense of virility and the possibility of substituting this service for social service allows us to repropose to young men the logic of service to society and the place and sense of ‘masculinity.’ -

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Arcturus said…

    oops .. that's from

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Arcturus said…

Post a Comment

<< Home